Old 16-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Matt

Default Plum question

Sounds like it. now I've got to persuade the stones I have to grow, then
I can have one.

Will the resulting plants come true though? Or may they turn out as poor
hybrids? This is something that I have always wondered about.

In our garden we have a 50 foot cherry tree that I know was planted around
60 years ago from a stone bought in a a bag of cherries. It produces lovely
cherries - when we manage to get any ripe ones before the entire local
blackbird population turn up. So it must work out ok sometimes.

Matt

---