Old 14-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Plum question

My ex brought me some plums tonight, they were from a tree in her new
garden, They are the colour of Victoria's, but are only the size of
cherries. Any ideas?

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 14-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Franz Heymann

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message
My ex brought me some plums tonight, they were from a tree in her new
garden, They are the colour of Victoria's, but are only the size of
cherries. Any ideas?

Damsons?

Franz

Old 14-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Michael Berridge

Franz Heymann wrote in message ...

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message
My ex brought me some plums tonight, they were from a tree in her new
garden, They are the colour of Victoria's, but are only the size of
cherries. Any ideas?

Damsons?

definitely not, damsons are usually oval and deep purple, these are
Victoria plum colour, and round like cherries.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 15-08-2003, 08:05 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Michael
Berridge writes

Franz Heymann wrote in message ...

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message
My ex brought me some plums tonight, they were from a tree in her new
garden, They are the colour of Victoria's, but are only the size of
cherries. Any ideas?

Damsons?

definitely not, damsons are usually oval and deep purple, these are
Victoria plum colour, and round like cherries.

cherry plums?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 15-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Rod

"Kay Easton" wrote in message news
Victoria plum colour, and round like cherries.

cherry plums?
--
Kay Easton

That's more like it. They make lovely jam.

Rod

Old 15-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Michael Berridge

Rod wrote in message ...

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

news

cherry plums?
--
Kay Easton

That's more like it. They make lovely jam.

Sounds like it. now I've got to persuade the stones I have to grow, then
I can have one.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 16-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Matt

Sounds like it. now I've got to persuade the stones I have to grow, then
I can have one.

Will the resulting plants come true though? Or may they turn out as poor
hybrids? This is something that I have always wondered about.

In our garden we have a 50 foot cherry tree that I know was planted around
60 years ago from a stone bought in a a bag of cherries. It produces lovely
cherries - when we manage to get any ripe ones before the entire local
blackbird population turn up. So it must work out ok sometimes.

Matt

---

Old 18-08-2003, 12:42 PM
J Jackson

Michael Berridge wrote:

: Rod wrote in message ...
:
:"Kay Easton" wrote in message
: news :
: cherry plums?
: --
: Kay Easton
:
:That's more like it. They make lovely jam.
:
: Sounds like it. now I've got to persuade the stones I have to grow, then
: I can have one.

CherryPlum strikes hardwood cuttings in the autumn very easily. Or at
least that's my experience! I've discovered not to generalise too glibbly
on this topic :-)

Plum question gasdoctor United Kingdom 2 21-07-2006 09:35 AM
Blackberry and Plum help Mike United Kingdom 4 15-07-2003 07:39 AM
Can I bud/graft cherry onto plum rootstock? Joe Jamies Gardening 4 06-03-2003 05:27 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] natal plum Jerry Meislik Bonsai 0 19-02-2003 05:51 PM
[IBC] Flowering Plum Bonsai tree question. Marty Haber Bonsai 0 23-01-2003 03:20 PM