Old 16-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Nicole Thompson

Default Goldfish fry question - pond

We put up a series of electric strips b/c of a duck invasion earlier in the
spring. It was quite cute at first - until she started ripping out/stepping
on my plants! Then I did some reading on-line and realized it would be good
for keeping cats and raccoons, etc. out too. Haven't seen any frogs
though...... And the electrified "fence" won't keep out birds of prey
either, but I modified a Rubbermaid container into a "cave" to give the fish
a "fighting chance" anyway.

Thanks for the info!
Nicole
--
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde
There is nothing like a dream to create the future. - Victor Hugo

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
Everything I've found on-line says they'll definitely eat the eggs, but

will
they eat the baby fish once they've hatched?

There are a bunch of things that eat babies....but most of the time the

babies
will come out on top.....I have on average 3 koi and 20 or so goldfish

that
make it to the following summer. The largest preditor in my ponds for

babies
are frogs. Herons come in every so often and take the adult fish.

Jerri