Old 16-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Unique Too

Default Was: snakes -- Climbers not blooming

"Scopata Fuori" writes:

Bride's Dream, that I planted as a bare root this spring, easily has enough
roses at any given time, in just the perfect stage for cutting, for a
gorgeous dozen roses. Within a few days, the others have matured, and
there's another dozen, waiting to be cut.

That's typical of my Bride's Dream also. It's one of only three HTs that were
allowed to stay. And I try to take care of this one because it blooms so much.
When I want/need to cut roses I can count on BS to have several just waiting.

If I had the heart to cut them. I just deadhead. I prefer them in the
garden, although every now and then I do cut them for the table, or to give
away.

Sounds like me, I like my roses on the plants they are grown on. They are only
brought in for company (when you have so many roses, people expect to see
flowers in the house) or for a gift (usually my mother, what else can you take
to a 78 year old woman who doesn't need anything?)

Julie