Old 16-08-2003, 07:02 PM
AngrieWoman

Default Will this pond ever be finished??r

"dkat" wrote in message news:xWzUa.171074
The
carpet I put in the second time was entirely intact when I moved the liner
from that pond to another (pond bug made me do it) and served very well as
a buffer between the liner and roots and rocks I could not remove. The

only
think negative that I heard when I was asking about using it is that if you
have overlapping edges that make for a heavy seam that this can cause a
weakness in the liner at the seam. Don't know if this is true since I
haven't had any problem with what I have.

I also used carpet. Mostly because it was free I have not had to redo my
enitre pond, but I need to lift up one edge once because it settled too
much.,The carpet was underneath was fine. It also made working along the
edge easier, because the carpet gave me a margin of error - I am pretty much
a klutz, and with a shovel it would have been easy for me to damage my
liner.

Angie