Old 17-08-2003, 03:07 AM
Nedra

Default When to add what

I would start slowly with everything! I'll leave the plants to
someone else... but I can address the fish.

I was told to wait a month before adding fish...
This is to let the water cure. You wont be sorry
you waited. Oh yes... Understock! That is don't put more
than a couple of goldfish in ... and maybe a couple of shubunkins.
I hope you have researched the topic
of fish - this will make sure you know what
your getting into ;-)

I would advice_against_ getting mosquito fish, minnows, etc.
They multiply at an alarming rate!

Good Luck...

Nedra

"John Burton" wrote in message
Might be a stoopid question but here goes.

I just filled my 11x16 pond (Aquascape w/Biofalls) Thursday. I have added
chemicals as recommended, to include bacteria (dry).

When should I start tossing fishes into my new pond? When should I start
planting plants and what type would be the better choice for me to start

off
in zone 7?

Thanks !

--

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia