Old 17-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default Received flasks revisited

"Ray" writes:
"Spanish moss" is the stringy bromeliad Tillandsia usnioides. It stays very
loose and springy when used to surround roots, so does not ever even think
about holding enough moisture to be "soppy."

I have had a look around now. The substance that is most readily
available without being compact is something that translates to
"reindeer lichen". It is a pale green lichen, found in the mountains
which is very porous, stringy and doesn't hold much water.

Has anyone got any experience with this stuff used to grow polyrrhiza
lindenii?

Oh, well, I'll probably give it a shot anyway.

Geir