Old 17-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default When to add what

Hi John

Your impulse control is amazing. We found weeks of wait before fish more
than we wanted to wait. It is also not necessary.

We put tropicals and goldfish in aquaria once the chlorine is out. A couple
of goldfish do just fine in a 10 gal. aquarium. Think how much they will
like an 11 x 16 pond!

Ponds can be treated in the same way as an aquarium IF you are understocked.
You can put a few small fish in pretty much right away. Watching the
chemistry will add security.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"John Burton" wrote in message
Might be a stoopid question but here goes.

I just filled my 11x16 pond (Aquascape w/Biofalls) Thursday. I have added
chemicals as recommended, to include bacteria (dry).

When should I start tossing fishes into my new pond? When should I start
planting plants and what type would be the better choice for me to start

off
in zone 7?

Thanks !

--

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia