Old 17-08-2003, 02:22 PM
RichToyBox

Default Filter

I agree with Jan, that you need more filtration. Are the two pumps external
or submersible? Is there a way to attach a skimmer, even the no-niche
skimmer, and a bottom drain? The floating pieces tend to come to the top
during the day to absorb more sunlight, and the skimmer will help remove
them, and the sink at night when there is no sunlight, and the bottom drain
would collect them. Once collected, there needs to be some form of filter
system to contain them, or they will just go
--
RichToyBox

for a ride in the country before returning to the pond.
"Thenewguy" wrote in message
hey, i have some questions about filtration. Please check out
Http://www.thehvscene.com/pond.htm first of all to see my pond and how my
filter is set up. its 2 1/4 horse power pumps pouring into a 2 gallon

hole
which feeds the waterfall....directly before the waterfall theres a thick
peice of material to catch any particles..is suffient enough for my pond?

have a 13x12x2feet deep. The water seems to be very brown/green with alot

of
brown (maybe dead) algea floating in pieces at the top of the water. Is my
waterfall creating too much of a disturbance in the water? Am i not
circulating enough water? should i construct a new kind of filter? what

ever
it is, im up for it. Please Help Me.