Old 03-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Ann

Default Commie tomatoes

I'm sold on Early Girls eventhough the fruit is considerable smaller and
have less juice than most other varieties however they have considerably
more juice than Roma. The fruit is always well shaped, firm and I've never
seen them crack as most varieties do after a rain following a dry spell. In
my Iowa garden, they are the last to succumb to blight and wilt and produce
long after the other plants have died. Here the Early Girls produce until
the killing frost knocks them out. The fruit gets considerably smaller
towards the end; slightly larger than a large cherry tomato variety. I don't
know where your garden is located but with what you mentioned, you have more
than ample time to produce a good tomato crop provided you start with
decent sized plants.