Old 17-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Jerry Meislik

Default [IBC] Please help with Wrightia Religiosa

Huang Le.
You can repot your Wrightias now if they are healthy. In your zone you still
have several months of hot weather to allow the plants to grow before they
defoliated in a while and that they are growing strongly.
Remove all the bad soil and use fresh new bonsai soil. Remove about half of
the over long roots in the process and the trees should do very well.
Ps where did you get your Wrightias?
I hope this helps.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/
Hi All,
I recently bought two wrightia religiosa (double flowers). I let them
accustom to the new environment but the root ball is noticeable packed
which take water to long to soak into root zone. The new buds just very
strong- it is one of the nice thing about this plant. I know to wait for
the buds to mature and i just got them in a month don't want to make them
learning to survive. My question to anyone with experience on Wrightia is
I live in Virginia, Can I wait until Fall to repot? I just afraid not
enough time for root growth before taking them into the house for winter.
Just don't like to stress them out. Or should I put them in bigger pot and
more soil until next Spring? As I said before root zone is packed therefore
put into bigger pot is not the best thing because water might not penetrate
but running into the soil and out. I think ?
I know Jerry Meislik has alot experience with water jasmine. I hope he
would answer my question. I have both single flowers (seedlings) and double
flowers.
Double flowers one consider as rare!
Thank you all for any advices
Hung Le Virginia- Zone 7