Old 17-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Amanda Pope

Default ove-rwintering plants

At the nursery we overwinter eichornia indoors in wet mud.

Having said that I lost the lot last year ( not enough mud) but dont wory
these plants are realy cheap to buy . and can be treated as annuals

any problem getting new stock or local nurseries charging too much let me
know I can mail order.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

abartoo wrote in message
Has anyone had much luck over-wintering plants. This will be my first
winter as a pond owner and I was wanting to try it out. How should I do

it.
Just put them in a container with some water from the pond and give them
light? Will artificial light, such as a florescent fixture, be o.k. Do I
still fertilize as often or not?
andy