Old 17-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Jim Paterson

Default Cuttings advice needed

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mick" wrote in message
Hi, Any advice on cuttings to be taken around the garden at this time if
year would be welcome , also advice on
propogation methods as well , and automated waterering on a small scale

(
very forgetful )
Are there any web sites with info of this available worth looking up .

Certainly it's the time to take cuttings for overwintering, Pelargonium

and
lots of other similar half hardy plants. Never worth trying to keep your

old large Zonal Pels (wrongly called Geraniums) overwinter, just take
cuttings

While not disputing the wisdom of taking cuttingd I have had a couple of
zonals which I grew from seed survive outdoors (albeit by a south wall) for
at least 4 maybe 5 years now. Jim

now which will root before winter and you can keep lots of those little
plants ready for next season. Never overwater Pel cuttings, water once at
the start and leave until dry before watering again.
N.A.Kays can supply all the watering system bits you would need and at a

lot
less that I've seen in the GCs. Order their catalogues (and marvel at the
way they list things).
Bob

Yes I'll definitely drink to that, maybe that's what Kays catalogue compiler
was doing too as it does have a wierd arrangement. Some of the spelling
could be better too but the contents are worth searching for. Jim
Runnymede fighting for it's existence.