Old 17-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Jim W

Default Cuttings advice needed

Mick wrote:

Hi, Any advice on cuttings to be taken around the garden at this time if
year would be welcome , also advice on
propogation methods as well , and automated waterering on a small scale (
very forgetful )
Are there any web sites with info of this available worth looking up .

Loads of things.. Beg buy or borrow a copy of the Propagators Handbook
or the Nursery Stock Manual.

Sooo many things can be propagated at this time of year its crazy to
start listing but here's what I have in the GH at the mo rooting.

Several species of Passiflora, some Abutilon megapoticum, several
cultivars and species of Buddlia (outside, though these are better taken
when dormant), a number of houseplants such as Begonia, Tradescantia (5
types). Some Perlagonium tomentosum.

Need to do.Need to do the Plumbago (which is flowering right now). And
some more Fuchsia and Perlagonium (I tend to grow mainly the scented
ones). Basically anything that I want more of thats ripe or semi ripe I
will either look up or give a shot at. You don't say, specifically, what
you have. Try looking up the plants latin name (Genus species) and
propagate with google. THis is what I do when general listings (such as
in the RHS books) are no help.
//
Jim