Old 17-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Noydb

Default gardening on IRC real-time chat

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

In article , (dstvns)
wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.

That's okay, Phaedrine. I'm sure he meant well. He just doesn't 'get it'.
Just use KSIRC or XChat or even the Bourne Again IRC client (commandline
IRC ... woo hoo! Geekicity!)
http://www.darkwired.org/pub/code/miniprojects/bairc/

According to Seimens, Linux will have 20% market share on the desktop by
2008. Apache (also open source software) already enjoys a steady 60+% share
of web servers. Somewhere in the mix, people will stop simply 'assuming'
Winders. It's not a safe assumption anymore.

Freshmeat shows 569 listings for IRC servers, bots, relays and clients.
There are plenty to choose from and, generally speaking, they all work just
fine. mIRC is okay software ... but it isn't "the only show in town".

Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)