Old 17-08-2003, 07:42 PM
dstvns

Default gardening on IRC real-time chat

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

Old 17-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

In article , (dstvns)
wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.
Old 17-08-2003, 10:42 PM
paghat

In article
,
Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

We don't all use Windows.

I do, now that I live somewhere where they're not painted shut.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 17-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Salty Thumb

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote in
news
In article , (dstvns)
wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.

I imagine there are IRC client for Power Macs. If not you could probably
use one for Unix, assuming you have MacOS 10 or so.

-- Salty
Old 17-08-2003, 11:22 PM
dstvns

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:44:55 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

We don't all use Windows.

BitchX for unix - www.bitchx.com
macIRC for MAC - www.macirc.com

Dan

Old 17-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Noydb

wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.

That's okay, Phaedrine. I'm sure he meant well. He just doesn't 'get it'.
Just use KSIRC or XChat or even the Bourne Again IRC client (commandline
IRC ... woo hoo! Geekicity!)
http://www.darkwired.org/pub/code/miniprojects/bairc/

According to Seimens, Linux will have 20% market share on the desktop by
2008. Apache (also open source software) already enjoys a steady 60+% share
of web servers. Somewhere in the mix, people will stop simply 'assuming'
Winders. It's not a safe assumption anymore.

Freshmeat shows 569 listings for IRC servers, bots, relays and clients.
There are plenty to choose from and, generally speaking, they all work just
fine. mIRC is okay software ... but it isn't "the only show in town".

Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

Old 17-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Noydb

Salty Thumb wrote:

I imagine there are IRC client for Power Macs. If not you could probably
use one for Unix, assuming you have MacOS 10 or so.

-- Salty

Salty,
What makes you think she's using a Mac? There are more Linux desktop
s than there are Macs. Ask my wife ... she loves it! Linux is #2 on the d
esktop now ... and growing nicely, thank you.

Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

Old 18-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.

I imagine there are IRC client for Power Macs. If not you could probably
use one for Unix, assuming you have MacOS 10 or so.

I have an IRC client (Athena). But he said you needed Windows.
Old 18-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Jim W

wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?
//

Old 19-08-2003, 02:03 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

In article
1fzwi6l.5a445r15oy8exN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net,

wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

See above where Dan said you could access his Garden Chat with Windows.
Old 19-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Phaedrine Stonebridge contains
these words:

wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

I have an IRC client (Athena). But he said you needed Windows.

Read again. He says you can access it with windows by using mIRC. He
has`nt said it`s blocked to any other OS`s. pedantic grin

Lets not forget that there are alot of people who do not know about IRC
what with chatrooms on websites becoming the norm now. I still prefer
IRC and usenet.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use
Old 19-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Jim W

wrote:

Hello,

Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the
Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the
program mIRC, available at
www.mirc.com, then using any available
Undernet server. Once connected to the server type

/join #gardening

There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north
america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!

Dan

We don't all use Windows.

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

See above where Dan said you could access his Garden Chat with Windows.

Oop missed that anyway.. It's IRC besides!.. not some MicroShaft crap..
LOL!!-)
//
Jim
Old 20-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Old 25-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Art Sackett

In rec.gardens.edible Noydb wrote:

That's okay, Phaedrine. I'm sure he meant well. He just doesn't 'get it'.
Just use KSIRC or XChat or even the Bourne Again IRC client (commandline
IRC ... woo hoo! Geekicity!)

Or perhaps irssi.

http://irssi.org/

It's my favorite. But then, I'm a perl programmer by trade, so it makes
sense that I'd use an IRC client that's extensible with perl.

--
Art Sackett,
Patron Saint of Drunken Fornication