Old 18-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Brent Walston

Default [IBC] Q from a new

At 05:46 PM 8/17/03 -0400, kevabar wrote:
Hello all! I am new to this quirky hobby and have been researching over the
summer. I have been lurking about his list for a little while and I have a
few simple questions. I purchased an inexpensive plant by the genus name of
Mimosa. The tag actually said "Mimocha". Any ideas? I have searched the
internet, and other than a few cocktail recipes, I have come up empty
handed. Ok, maybe it isn't a quirky hobby, but... Now, if I could combine my
interests in the bonsai arts with sea kayaking, that would be quirky! =)

Kev

Chances are it is not a Mimosa at all, but rather Albizia (Albizzia, alt.
spelling) julibrissin. It is commonly called Mimosa, but is also known as
Silk Tree. It is NOT Mimosa, the Sensitive Plant. It has feathery compound
leaves and pink powderpuff type flowers. Try searching under Albizia and
see if this is what you have.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++