Old 18-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Q from a new

Sorry I don't know much at all about mimosa, but I couldn't help thinking:

The tag actually said "Mimocha". Any ideas?

Half a coffee? mi-mocha ;-)

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net
"A community that excludes even one of its members is no community at all"
- Dan Wilkins

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Brent Walston

At 05:46 PM 8/17/03 -0400, kevabar wrote:
Hello all! I am new to this quirky hobby and have been researching over the
summer. I have been lurking about his list for a little while and I have a
few simple questions. I purchased an inexpensive plant by the genus name of
Mimosa. The tag actually said "Mimocha". Any ideas? I have searched the
internet, and other than a few cocktail recipes, I have come up empty
handed. Ok, maybe it isn't a quirky hobby, but... Now, if I could combine my
interests in the bonsai arts with sea kayaking, that would be quirky! =)

Kev

Chances are it is not a Mimosa at all, but rather Albizia (Albizzia, alt.
spelling) julibrissin. It is commonly called Mimosa, but is also known as
Silk Tree. It is NOT Mimosa, the Sensitive Plant. It has feathery compound
leaves and pink powderpuff type flowers. Try searching under Albizia and
see if this is what you have.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-08-2003, 01:25 AM
Jim Lewis

[...]

And since several of the Acacia sp. also are called mimosa (and
they're in the same family), go he
http://www.bonsai-bci.com/species/acacia.html. There may be an
"Albezia" listing there, too. But since they're all so similar
in environment, growth habits, and bonsai requirements, maybe
not.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++