Old 18-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Loosecannon

Default Preparing Seeds for Sowing

Hi Wanda,

Have grown these for the past 3 years and get a bumper crop each time.

Method I use is to chip the seeds. Just a gentle rub with sandpaper. This is
not entirely necessary though. Place
them in water overnight and plant them in the morning. Seeds will swell up
overnight.

5 - 10 days and they are up. Don't overwater in this time or the seeds will
rot. Be aware the peas can grow to 12 feet if
allowed so some sort of trellis is required.

Good luck

Richard

"Wanda" wrote in message
news
Hi

I've decided to plant some Sugar Snap seeds taken from peas taken from my
father's garden after unsuccessfully trying to find seeds for sale. Is
there
a particular way to prepare the seeds for planting? I was going to place
them on a papertowel in a window facing north that receives a fair amount

of
direct sunlight... Is this the way to do it?

Wanda