Old 18-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Phrederik

Default Tripod For Sprinkler?

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
news
Sheellah said:

I have a front lawn that is divided by a walk with 3 foot shrubs on

each side
of the walk. I just got an oscillating sprinkler, and placing it in

the middle
of the walk doesn't get the water over the shrubs. I need to raise

it up to
clear the bushes. I have the Gardena Aquazoom. Are there tripods,

or something
made to raise this higher so I can water both sides of the lawn at

once?

I've tied my oscillating sprinkler to the bottom of an old plastic

milk crate.
A short stack of milk crated can then lift it up to reach over low

shrubs.
I've even set the sprinkler (on its milk crate) on top of an old

metal trash
can (with a flat lid) to get it up even higher. You may have to

carefully
dress the hose -- even tie it to the stack -- to make the whole

setup stable.

Why not just set it to do half a sweep and put it on the other side of
the hedge. Once that side is wet, move it to the other hedge. You only
need to water each side half as long, since the sweep only has to go
half the distance.