Old 18-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Rodney Pont

Default Koi Question

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:15:40 GMT, Pet wrote:

Hi.
I am in the process of purchasing a new house which has a large pond
with about 10 Koi (about 10+ inches long) I believe there is a Tench in
there too.

We have accepted the offer of keeping tha fish and "adopting" them from
the vendors, except, I am not aware of any "Koi Keeping" details.

A brief resume of what's needed how often and how much would be
interesting. I'm sure the owners will enlighten me closer to the time
but in the meantime, any tips?

Things to get answers for a
how often and how much do they feed
how often they clean the filters
do the plants overwinter (many floaters don't overwinter in the UK and
need to be removed)

You could buy Practical Fishkeeping. They do cover ponds and have lots
of information. If you have specific questions you are welcome to email
me.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail ngps07 (at) infohit (dot) fsnet (dot) co (dot) uk