Old 18-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Gail Futoran

Default tadpoles - again

Well, here I was sad because most of my tadpoles were gone -
all grown up and hopped out (toads). Then a few days ago
when I was checking the pond there was another gadzillion of
the little suckers! Clearly momma toad is not yet finished
reproducing for the year.

I love watching them but they're all over the place and I
can't pull out the string algae. Well, I can but I end up
killing teensy tadpoles. As long as most of the pond
remains clear enough for the fish (minnows) to swim around,
I won't worry about it. Otherwise I pick out little strings
of string algae, very carefully sorting through and dumping
back into the pond any teensy tadpoles I spot.

Some people have real lives...

Gail
northeast of San Antonio TX