Old 18-08-2003, 05:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Ping: Tom la Bron

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:45:36 -0400, "Bob in PA" wrote:

I bought two shubunkins about a month ago. Is it possible that they bred and the babies
grew to be two inchs in one month? I think that even under optimal
conditions, that's stretching it. My new lily pond is a little more than
700 gallons, no filter, and a 300 gph pump. I've got several lilies and the
surface is completely covered with azolla.

Sure, especially if you feed your fish. My fantails have been in for 2
months and yesterday I saw some babies well over an inch. They would
probably be bigger if I fed the fish, but there is plenty in the pond for
them to munch on. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~