Old 18-08-2003, 06:12 PM
dave weil

Default R. Banksiae Normalis

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:07:22 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Has this been discussed as to its pros and cons (especially for zone
6B (maybe zone 7)?

This looks like a monster. I assume that it's pretty much
sulf-supporting, right? Would it eventually make a 20 foot wide hedge?
I have a spot in the yard that I wouldn't mind closing off with such a
beast. I've found a few pics which makes me believe that it would end
up being a very large mass.

Any takers?

Oh yeah, I forgot that this is the "world's largest rose", the
Tombstone rose. That gives me pause g.

anyway, I saw another link that says that it needs to be supported by
a pergola or arbor. Would this still be the case if, say, I wanted a
hedge no more that 10 ft. tall and 20 ft wide, assuming that I'd be
willing to virgorously trimmed to size...