Old 19-08-2003, 02:03 AM
tbell

Default Humidity trays

I use Humiditrays, by CMI Plastics of Cranbury, New Jersey, USA. They are 2"
deep, molded plastic trays with removable grid tops. Found them at a local
orchid store. I like the grid tops better than gravel, because they don't
get crudded up with mineral scale.
Saw a suggestion for a similar set-up, using plastic "egg crate" intended
for fluorescent lighting, which can be cut to fit trays of any sort.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
Nikon Coolpix 5700
(To reply by e-mail, remove appendix)

From: "M&M"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:07:46 +1000
Subject: Humidity trays

Hi I am wanting to set up a humidity tray for my orchids which are positioed
on a bench below a skylight in my bedroom. I need a tray about the size
35cm * 80cms to asccom approx 8-9 plants. Does anyone have any ideas on
what I can get to use about this size, I haven't noticed anything this big
in the garden centres.

Thanks.