Old 19-08-2003, 02:04 AM
AngrieWoman

Default Top Posting

"D Kat" wrote in message
I thought posting on top was the ONLY courteous way to post. If I'm

reading
the thread, then I already know what has been previously posted and if I
have to go hunting for what the poster has to say in the middle or end of

post containing a lot of the previous message then I just skip the

posting.
Granted, my memory is getting bad but if I have to re-read the whole

bloody
thread each time I read a posting in it then I belong confined somewhere

keep me safe (in the net) and not off on the net. So I will continue to
top-post (and hope to hell that I haven't just complained about the

violins
on TV). DK

It is group specific protocol. The polite way to behave is to look and see
what other people are doing. Rome, Romans, all that.

"mad" wrote in message
i'm with you, anne lurie. i would think that top-posting was definitely
better. oh well...
mad
--
Two vultures board an airplane, each one carrying two dead raccoons.
The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only

From: "Anne Lurie"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:41:36 GMT
Subject: Gardening - test

Unless you take care to remove the extraneous groups, any "group

reply"
will
go to all the groups that received the post to which you are replying.

You can tell by looking closely at the To: list for each message.

These
things can really deteriorate fast because suddenly posters of a

particular
group are seeing posts from strangers, etc., and so on.

To confuse this issue even more, we've suddenly picked up another

"anne"
(gasp!) here in rec.ponds!

What's the big complaint about top posting, anyway? Unless there are
multiple parts to debate, it makes a *lot* more sense to me -- at

least
it's much easier to figure exactly who the current poster is.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"K30a" wrote in message

Question.
If this post was cross posted in the first place, Anne mentioned

several
gardening groups it showed up on... is it still being cross posted?
I'm posting on rec.ponds here.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html