Old 19-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Butterflies

The message
from Malcolm contains these words:

Don't forget that males and females are different. Also, "little brown
jobs", including Hedge Browns, can be quite variable, depending on wear,
bleaching, damage, etc. Certainly I wasn't positive about all your
photographs, but the ones which were clear enough were all Hedge Browns,
I think.

I saw a strange brown-like butterfly the other day on my sunflowers:
Folded up it looked like a meadow brown, but when it opened its wings,
the hind pair were like a grayling, but the forewings were grey and
patterened like a fritillary.

Not in any of my books....

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to