Old 19-08-2003, 02:05 AM
Stephen Howard

Default Moths

On 18 Aug 2003 13:34:36 -0700, (Mark Fawcett)
wrote:

We had a hovering moth drinking from a lavender bush amonth or so
back, we managed to definitely identify it as a Hummingbird Hawk Moth.
Ive seen one once before in Cornwall and they are recorded as being
summer visitors to the southe west. As we live in North Wales this one
must have made quite a trek - one of the realities of global warming
perhaps.

A saw no less than four about two weeks ago, feeding off a white
Buddliea outside my workshop in Hampshire.
I nipped in to get my camera, but by the time I'd found it and set it
up they'd gone.
Haven't seen them since - but will keep looking ( camera ready ).

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk