Old 19-08-2003, 02:05 AM
A Troll aka Jeff Coles

Default Cuttings advice needed

Hi, this is not so much as an answer to your question, but rather a "happy
accident", last year (December) while tending a friends garden I cut down to
the ground 2 fuchsia shrubs. Rather than going to the bother of disposing of
them, I noticed there was a lot of bare soil in the borders which seemed to
attract the attention of all the neighbourhood cats, full of c**p, so I
stuck all the fuchsia cuttings in the spare ground to make it awkward for
the cats to do there stuff. And as a bonus many had actually rooted by the
spring. In late spring the old wood was cut down to the new growth , and I
have just potted most of them up. My friend as plans to give them away to
other friends and neighbours.

-- Jeff

( remove the troll to reply).

http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/aquitanium

Winston Churchill in a reply to a nasty letter:
Sir, I am in the smallest room in the house and before me I have your
letter,
soon it'll be behind me.

"Mick" wrote in message
Hi, Any advice on cuttings to be taken around the garden at this time if
year would be welcome , also advice on
propogation methods as well , and automated waterering on a small scale (
very forgetful )
Are there any web sites with info of this available worth looking up .

Thanks Mike.