Old 19-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Pat Meadows

Default will peppers ripen after being picked...like tomatoes?

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:02:06 GMT, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

Will peppers ripen after being picked...like tomatoes?

They never have for me.

Does heat help the ripening process? Dryness?

Probably. (On the plant, I assume you mean.)

The very first three cayennes peppers turned bright red...seemingly
overnight. I never noticed them changing. Since then only one pepper
in the garden has started to turn. And after five days since starting
only one side of the pepper is bright red. The rest is very green.

All of my tomatoes are showing ripening including my Burpee Burgers
which are slowly turning through blends of yellow and orange to red.

Some good eating shortly!

Pat