Old 19-08-2003, 07:33 PM
tbell

Default New to Orchids

Congratulations and condolences on your new addiction. We love to see
new converts. You'll be surprised how quickly that one plant turns into
many.
There are many growing media, and everyone has preferences. Stones like
lava rock, which retain some moisture when you water, but are not toxic to
the plant, are one choice.
Perhaps the best thing you can do is read one of the many introductory
books on orchid growing and/or go to the orchid society website:
http://orchidweb.org. You are certainly welcome to lurk here and post
pictures when you have them, or post questions on alt.rec.gardens.orchids,
which is a text only newsgroup.
Good luck.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
Nikon Coolpix 5700
(To reply by e-mail, remove appendix)

From: (Nini Rosenfeld)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: 19 Aug 2003 07:04:11 -0700
Subject: New to Orchids

Hi,
I am new to Orchids... The addicition has started already though...
I got a Phalaenopsis and I could liked to know if I can grow her on
stones or pebbles and what do I have to do. Also I would be grateful
for any caring tips.
Thanks Nini