Old 20-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Frankhartx

Default Black Bottom Tomatoes?

Greetings to all,
This is probably such an elementary question that many of you will laugh =
at my ignorance but I would like some advice concerning tomatoes with =
rotten bottoms. I have heard that this syndrome is caused by uneven =
watering and I have also heard that it is caused by a deficiency of =
calcium in the soil. Perhaps some of you experienced gardeners wouldn't =
mind shedding some light on my problem. My tomatoes are in raised beds =
and the soil is a home-made mix of well composted yard debris, earth, =
well rotted chicken poop, agricultural lime and bone meal. The soil is =
covered with about two inches of one year old mint compost.=20
Please reply directly to my e-mail address as I don't check the news =
group with much regularity.
Thank you,
Gary

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C3669B.FC236D10

HEADSTYLE/STYLE/HEADGreetings to =all,
This=20is probably such an elementary question that many of you will laugh at
=my=20ignorance but I would like some advice concerning tomatoes with
rotten=20bottoms. I have heard that this syndrome is caused by uneven
=watering and=20I have also heard that it is caused by a deficiency of
calcium in the=20soil. Perhaps some of you experienced gardeners wouldn't
mind =shedding=20some light on my problem. My tomatoes are in raised beds
and the =soil is a=20home-made mix of well composted yard debris, earth,
well =rotted=20chicken poop, agricultural lime and bone meal. The soil is
covered =with=20about two inches of one year old mint compost.
Please reply directly =to my=20
e-mail address as I don't check the news group with much =regularity.
Thank=20you,
Gary

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C3669B.FC236D10--

Go to google.com and search for Blossom End Rot==bear in mind that as the
season advances most BER conditions clear up by themselves so any "cure" is of
questionable value