Old 20-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Gary Woods

Default Storing garlic

"John Towill" wrote:

I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully stored garlic and how.

I store a number of varieties, and at least one (Romanian Red hardeneck) is
still useable from last year's harvest. They are stored in plastic lattice
bins in an unused "empty nest" bedroom with the hot air heat turned off.
Not dark, but cool and well ventilated. Ideal temps are in the low 50sF.
Much cooler than that and the garlic wants to form roots.

There's some information on my personal page in the .sig below; most of it
should travel well.