Old 04-02-2003, 04:26 AM
Cricket

Default tomato leaf curling

Oh yea, and whatever you are experiencing, I would bet, can at least be
mostly minimized by addressing the soil in either via nutrient or moisture.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"Cricket" wrote in message
What are your most common weeds? Not that I'd recognize them, having

never
been to Australia, but any info about their (the weeds') growth habits

would
help. I am a firm believer that weeds will tell one more about a soil

than
any other indicator.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"Denise" wrote in message
Hi There,

I have had a few problems with my tomatoes of late so I thought I would
query the experts. My first plant's leaf curled vertically and started
getting yellow spots on the leaves - it hasn't really picked up, someone
suggested Epsom salts, but I just put some blood and bone down to see if

it
would pick up.

Anyway, I purchased another plant and now it's leaves are turning over

on
itself - like curling horizontally - it also has some yellowing on the

edges
and brown as well. This is a fairly new patch that has not has anything
growing in it for 20 years so I am not too concerned if my first go is

not
too great.

I live in Subtropical conditions, and we are still in our summer over

here.
I have not had tomatoes on this part previously.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciative

Denise

Brisbane, Australia