Old 20-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Gail Futoran

Default Rose wanted

"Keith" wrote in message
Hi there

Does anyone know of a rose called 'Carolyn', with that

spelling?? I believe
that it was available from Macreedy's (sorry if the

spelling is wrong), but
have been told that they have gone out of business. Thanks

in advance.

Keith R.

According to the helpmefind site, "Carolyn" is a recent
McGredy (the hybridizer) Hybrid Tea available only in New
Zealand. If you live in NZ, no problem. Otherwise, you're
out of luck.
http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=16977
Another rose search sites had similar information:
http://www.findmyroses.com/RoseSearch.htm

Sam McGredy has IIRC retired from the rose hybridizing
business, but many of his offerings are still available.
If you're interested, go to the helpmefind site and search
on Breeders. Sam (the IV?) was in Ireland (where his family
started their rose hybridizing business) but moved to New
Zealand. Anyhoo, there are a whole bunch of "McGredy" roses
in that list. I have quite a few McGredy's in my garden.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8