Old 20-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Keith

Default Rose wanted

Hi there

Does anyone know of a rose called 'Carolyn', with that spelling?? I believe
that it was available from Macreedy's (sorry if the spelling is wrong), but
have been told that they have gone out of business. Thanks in advance.

Keith R.

Old 20-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Gail Futoran

"Keith" wrote in message
Hi there

Does anyone know of a rose called 'Carolyn', with that

spelling?? I believe
that it was available from Macreedy's (sorry if the

spelling is wrong), but
have been told that they have gone out of business. Thanks

in advance.

Keith R.

According to the helpmefind site, "Carolyn" is a recent
McGredy (the hybridizer) Hybrid Tea available only in New
Zealand. If you live in NZ, no problem. Otherwise, you're
out of luck.
http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=16977
Another rose search sites had similar information:
http://www.findmyroses.com/RoseSearch.htm

Sam McGredy has IIRC retired from the rose hybridizing
business, but many of his offerings are still available.
If you're interested, go to the helpmefind site and search
on Breeders. Sam (the IV?) was in Ireland (where his family
started their rose hybridizing business) but moved to New
Zealand. Anyhoo, there are a whole bunch of "McGredy" roses
in that list. I have quite a few McGredy's in my garden.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 20-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Keith

Thanks for that Gail. Unfortunately I live in England, I cant see one
surviving the trip!!

Keith

Old 20-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Gail Futoran

"Keith" wrote in message
Thanks for that Gail. Unfortunately I live in England, I

cant see one
surviving the trip!!

Keith

You're welcome. I don't know if a NZ rose is more likely to
be offered in England than in the USA, but it might be worth
checking with a local nursery that specializes in roses.

Gail

Old 27-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Tim Tompkins

In the US you can apply to the USDA for an import permit and if granted you
are then a legitimate importer.

Be aware that you must have a 'quarintine' bed and are subject to
inspection.

Tim