Old 20-08-2003, 07:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Sponge for filter in stream

"Mickey" wrote:

Does anyone know a type of sponge that can be bought in 12" wide x 16" deep
x 12" thick pieces. I am looking for the stuff used in aquariums by
companies like Fluval. I am looking for mechanical filtration to put in my
stream. I looked at polyfill batting but I don't think you can clean it.

AES or Aquatic Ecosystems www.aquaticeco.com carries reticulated (open
cell) foam PF7, but you don't want 12" thick because it won't come clean
either. What you can get is the 2'X6' 1" thick sheet and trim it to your
desired size and layer and bind it together. That way when it comes time to
clean you can pull them apart and they clean easily with a spray nozzle on
the hose. It is what I use in my horizontal flow filter
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/ Click on *My Filter* ~ jan