Old 19-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Mickey

Default Sponge for filter in stream

Does anyone know a type of sponge that can be bought in 12" wide x 16" deep
x 12" thick pieces. I am looking for the stuff used in aquariums by
companies like Fluval. I am looking for mechanical filtration to put in my
stream. I looked at polyfill batting but I don't think you can clean it.

Old 19-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Bill Kerrell

Here's a good outlet for filter material. They have been reliable
for me and their products are good. and the prices ...
http://krewkut.zoovy.com/
Good luck,
Bill K, Pensacola, FL

Old 20-08-2003, 07:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"Mickey" wrote:

Does anyone know a type of sponge that can be bought in 12" wide x 16" deep
x 12" thick pieces. I am looking for the stuff used in aquariums by
companies like Fluval. I am looking for mechanical filtration to put in my
stream. I looked at polyfill batting but I don't think you can clean it.

AES or Aquatic Ecosystems www.aquaticeco.com carries reticulated (open
cell) foam PF7, but you don't want 12" thick because it won't come clean
either. What you can get is the 2'X6' 1" thick sheet and trim it to your
desired size and layer and bind it together. That way when it comes time to
clean you can pull them apart and they clean easily with a spray nozzle on
the hose. It is what I use in my horizontal flow filter
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/ Click on *My Filter* ~ jan
Old 21-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Mickey

Making it thinner would definitely make it easier to clean. I will have to
try it. I found the foam which I did not know what it was called until
yesterday. Found it in any from 10 PPI to 100 PPI. I figured I would start
with 20 PPI and go down from there until I get the results I want.

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
"Mickey" wrote:

Does anyone know a type of sponge that can be bought in 12" wide x 16"

deep
x 12" thick pieces. I am looking for the stuff used in aquariums by
companies like Fluval. I am looking for mechanical filtration to put in

my
stream. I looked at polyfill batting but I don't think you can clean it.

AES or Aquatic Ecosystems www.aquaticeco.com carries reticulated (open
cell) foam PF7, but you don't want 12" thick because it won't come clean
either. What you can get is the 2'X6' 1" thick sheet and trim it to your
desired size and layer and bind it together. That way when it comes time

clean you can pull them apart and they clean easily with a spray nozzle on
the hose. It is what I use in my horizontal flow filter
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/ Click on *My Filter* ~ jan

Cymbidium potted in sponge-like material Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 10 29-03-2011 06:29 PM
Luffa sponge gourd - no flowers OhioGuy Gardening 2 04-09-2007 09:43 PM
Odp: Cymbidium potted in sponge-like material samaki Orchids 0 21-02-2004 12:09 PM
sponge filter Ghislain Ponds 0 21-08-2003 03:32 AM
Carbon/sponge filtration mediums? Tasslehoff Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:14 AM