Old 20-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Cycnodes Wine Delight

Last fall I purchased a Cycnodes Wine Delight "Jem" FCC/AOS. The plant had
a large nearly bare pseudobulb and two tiny spikes starting about the size
of a wooden match head. After it came home of the the spikes dried up and
the other bloomed. As I recall it had no leaves last October.

This year the 2003 growth is green and has beautiful leaves. Sunday I
noticed that it's budding up and ready to bloom. Is it normal for Cycnodes
to bloom before the leaves fall off? So far I only see on spike and it's
well along and will bloom about three months early.

Good Growing,
Gene