Old 21-08-2003, 12:32 AM
madgardener

Default Ok BeeCrofter, I need some information

fire ants aren't the size of hornets and fly.............these flew up and
out and swarmed her foot adn face and body. the bites they made and chewed
on her got as large as silver dollars.......I haven't seen her or the
hornets because she's in Eugene and I'm in Tennessee

What size are they?

hornet size, big as a bumble bee, dark, no yellow no stinger NO
stinger........she knows what yellow jackets are and these don't have any
yellow on them and live underground.....

They sound like a type of ant. If small enough
(unlikely if you're calling them wasps), they sound just like imported
fire ants. They bite, but they also have stingers and they curl up and
sting you after they latch on with their mandibles (jaws).

Best regards,
Bob

--
"Stealing a Rhinoceros should not be attempted lightly" --Kehlog Albran