Old 21-08-2003, 03:22 AM
madgardener

Default Ok BeeCrofter, I need some information

thanks
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
madgardener wrote:
her husband will clothe up with heavy clothes when they settle down

(they're
apparently stirred up still in that corner) and douse them with gasoline

and
that'll be that. She has to make sure he doesn't poison her
perennials..........shame, she's very benevolent towards insects, but

this
is apparently war and I'm sure there are plenty other places.......

Don't use gasoline. A small amount of insecticide dust or wetable powder
will do a much better job and less damage to the garden. I usually use
methoxyclor, but sevin is good too. The key is using a

not-too-fast-acting
powder and getting it in the opening of the nest so some of them will walk
through it. They will track it back in and poison the whole hive. You

can
hose it down the next day to avoid poisoning beneficial insects.

Best regards,
Bob