Old 21-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Andrew Burgess

Default Filter media: strapping tape VS PE sheeting VS...

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" writes:

Screen has much to say for it (ease of cleaning, surface). We are using
strapping tape in our barrels and plant roots in the VF ponds. Strapping
tape in mesh baggs is easy to manage. The primary filtering is BELOW the
tape in the barrels (big muck cant get through the bags. Plastic sheeting
might crunch up and not let water through. Tape does not clog.

The idea is to cut the sheeting into long strips, like one inch wide
and 4 feet long and then let it curl up.

Does the strapping float?