Old 21-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Frankhartx

Default hot pepper question

rom: Bobbett

bought what I *thought* was a cayenne pepper plant from a nursery
earlier this season. I'm in zone 6 (NJ). The plant *finally* produced
some peppers, but they're still green and getting bigger every day!
Right now they're almost 9" long. I doubt very much these are (red)
cayenne peppers. Since they're probably not going to change from green
to red, how will I know when they're ripe to pick?

tia, Bobbett
--
You can use them green if you like--use some green and leave some on the

plant--they will turn red in their own good time.