Old 21-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Heidi

Default Crickets like beer and slugs seek revenge

Last week I set out a beer trap for the slugs which have been munching
down my sorrel. I was not able to trap any slugs into the beer traps,
however I caught numerous crickets each night in my beer filled yogurt
container. Frustrated, I turned to more inhumane means of ridding
myself of slugs. At the sight of two particularly large slugs on the
side of our house, I ran for the salt (not sure why I felt the need to
run, I don't think the slugs were going to run off on me). It was
cruel, but I took pleasure in tossing the salt onto the invasive and
destructive creatures. Two nights later, all my parsley has been eaten
down to the stems. My money is on the slug community. I think they are
exacting revenge.

Heidi