Old 21-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Mike

Default Weather Vane

In article , Julian Mamo
writes
Hi
I hope this is considered as on topic
I want a weather vane/cock that has a nice pointer to show wind direction as
usual. Trouble is I want one with anometer cups spinning lower down on the
mast. They don't have to do anything more than spin, although I expect there
to be some sort of a bearing. I don't want it to squeak or seize in 3 weeks.
Besides liking the aesthetics of these I am convinced the vibrations keep
the moles down.
I have seen these in gardens but do not know where to buy one of reasonable
quality from. WWW search has not worked which I have done periodically and
searched shops and garden centres for a year.
Help appreciated.
Julian

Marine Chandlers?

British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more
National Service (RAF) Association Scarborough. Nov 7th - 10th (Nearly Full)