Old 21-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Julian Mamo

Default Weather Vane

Hi
I hope this is considered as on topic
I want a weather vane/cock that has a nice pointer to show wind direction as
usual. Trouble is I want one with anometer cups spinning lower down on the
mast. They don't have to do anything more than spin, although I expect there
to be some sort of a bearing. I don't want it to squeak or seize in 3 weeks.
Besides liking the aesthetics of these I am convinced the vibrations keep
the moles down.
I have seen these in gardens but do not know where to buy one of reasonable
quality from. WWW search has not worked which I have done periodically and
searched shops and garden centres for a year.
Help appreciated.
Julian

Old 21-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:49:13 +0000 (UTC), Julian Mamo wrote:

I have seen these in gardens but do not know where to buy one of
reasonable quality from.

Could well be part of an electronic/automatic weather station. As you
don't want all the rest of an AWS you might be able get the anemometer
part as a spare.

WWW search has not worked ...

How have you been spelling anemometer? B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 21-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Mike

In article , Julian Mamo
writes
Hi
I hope this is considered as on topic
I want a weather vane/cock that has a nice pointer to show wind direction as
usual. Trouble is I want one with anometer cups spinning lower down on the
mast. They don't have to do anything more than spin, although I expect there
to be some sort of a bearing. I don't want it to squeak or seize in 3 weeks.
Besides liking the aesthetics of these I am convinced the vibrations keep
the moles down.
I have seen these in gardens but do not know where to buy one of reasonable
quality from. WWW search has not worked which I have done periodically and
searched shops and garden centres for a year.
Help appreciated.
Julian

Marine Chandlers?

British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more
National Service (RAF) Association Scarborough. Nov 7th - 10th (Nearly Full)

Old 22-08-2003, 06:16 AM
Julian Mamo

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe, hadn't thought of that one and I live near the coast.
Thanks
Julian

------

Old 22-08-2003, 06:16 AM
Mike

In article , Julian Mamo
writes

Marine Chandlers?

Maybe, hadn't thought of that one and I live near the coast.
Thanks
Julian

There are quite a few and what you really want would be the Wind Power
Generators that fix on the Transom.

Good Luck

mike