Old 21-08-2003, 04:42 PM
sam crowell

Default [IBC] Systemic Insecticide - How Often?

I don't think Sevin will do much on scale. I find with Bonsai that hand
(or
fingernail) removal of scale is very effective.

Actually, I have taken the advice of someone, (I forget exactly who, but I
think they were on the weekly chats), and have used liquid Seven to GREAT
effect in ridding my trees of scale. I purchased the small spray bottle and
sprayed, being careful to spray underneath leaves. I usually make a
followup spray several days after my initial spraying. So far, this is the
best way I have found to deal with scale as it seemed I was always missing
some by hand picking. A couple weeks after the spraying the scale shells
had dried out and changed color, making them much easier for me to see, and
it really caused a lot of tiny scale shells to be able to be seen as well.
While it may not be a good solution in your area, or on a small tree, I have
to say it works really well for me.

Sam Crowell
Klamath Falls, Oregon

Chat privately with Bon Jovi, Seal, Bow Wow, or Mary J Blige using MSN
Messenger! http://www5.msnmessenger-download.co...r/default.aspx

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++