Old 21-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Best time to plant grass in NC

I'd say early sept thru early oct is optimal. You can also look at
the weather forecast and if it looks like it will be cool and wet
coming up, then go for it.

Just remember if you're killing your old lawn, don't wait too long.
The effectiveness of Roundup greatly decreases as temperatures drop.

"M. Osborn" wrote in message . net...
We've just moved into a new house in the Charlotte, NC area, and I'm
wondering when the best time to plant fescue grass in this area would be?
Although I know fall is the best time, does anyone have any date(s) more
specific than that? A lawn maint. company guy I talked with yesterday told
me that early September is the best time, but it seems to me that it might
still be too hot then. Any suggestions?