Old 22-08-2003, 01:12 AM

Default Best time to plant grass in NC

"M. Osborn" wrote:
We've just moved into a new house in the Charlotte, NC area, and I'm
wondering when the best time to plant fescue grass in this area would be?
Although I know fall is the best time, does anyone have any date(s) more
specific than that? A lawn maint. company guy I talked with yesterday
told me that early September is the best time, but it seems to me that it
might still be too hot then. Any suggestions?

It's relative to your soil temp. Do it as soon as the weather
is going to cool for a while. Early September is usually great here
in Ohio, but you are quite a bit south of me.

--
GO #40 The Chuggernaught