Old 22-08-2003, 06:17 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Pygmaea Lilly not Flowering

"Kay wrote in message
Larry wrote in message
We have a yellow-flowered pygmaea lilly in a half barrel. First year,

it
did very little, 2nd year it flowered well but for last 2 years,
nothing. It seems very happy - lots of leaves but no sign of a flower
bud. There are quite a few frogs, toads and newts using the barrel but
no fish.

Bob wrote...
Is it being shaded by something? Perhaps some other plant has grown well

and
your lily isn't getting full sun any longer?

I would expect that to mean that it produced flower buds but they didn't
fully open.

Yes that can happen*, but usually they simply don't throw up any flowers in
the first place.
* Usually that happens when the plant is getting it's sunlight and then,
after initiating flowers, the sunlight stops appearing. Dull weather after a
good sunny spell does it as does competing plants.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.